I was lucky enough to find a pair of black boots that were already designed with the front rim higher than the back at a thrift store. I painted the front of them tan using floral spray. Never use acrylics or regular spray paint on leather or it will just crack and chip away the moment you put them on. I’ve never had a problem with floral spray, so I use it for all leather. It can typically be found in the floral section in most Joann stores.
First off, I used lots of paper to wrap around the boots while I was wearing them and then drew my patterns. Then I traced the patterns onto craft foam and cut out the pieces. After 2 coats of mod podge and 2 coats of paint, I hot glued the individual pieces onto the boots (layer by layer).
After hot-gluing, I hand-sewed (using thick thread) the edges of each piece for extra security. Note: This can be hard on your poor fingers, so be sure to use a thimble if you don't want to bleed! I also used pliers to help grip the needle while pulling the thread through.
Lastly, I cut 6 small belts down to size and painted them silver. I then hot-glued the belt pieces together in the back of the boot and sewed a few stitches there too.
While it took only 3 days to make them, it was very tedious. Patience is a must! Good luck. :)