After over 70 hours of HAND EMBROIDERING, I'm FINALLY done with Rapunzel's skirt. Moving onto the bodice now and, lastly, the wig. And yes, this will be a pink-version Rapunzel. I actually prefer it over purple.
It's 6 panels, each divided in half (12 seams), so it's very full.
I used poly satin in the color Radiant Orchid (found at Hobby Lobby) #669069 for all but the center pane. For the center pane, I ordered 1 yd of pre-designed fabric from Spoonflower (by Aimee Major). www.spoonflower.com/fabric/453…
The fabric looks purple on their website, but it's really pink. Aimee Major also has a more purple version design: www.spoonflower.com/fabric/238…
I chose satin fabric for the center panel (because it was cheaper) but it's very thin and so so shiny. Also, not very iron-resistant (I scorched the fabric the first time around and had to remake it) so be careful when ironing! If I were to do it again, I'd go with the more expensive silk crepe fabric for the center pane.
For the embroidering, I printed out images that I found online onto cotton printing paper and then ironed them on the skirt. This works wonderfully for people (like me) who can't draw well. I then embroidered over the designs for extra stability.