After a brief holiday hiatus (Happy New Year Everyone!) I'm back to work on Zelda, Twilight Princess. I've finally finished the ribbon chain links and have moved onto the elaborate designs she has on her base dress. Unlike other cosplayers, I don't trust myself to draw directly onto satin fabric, and especially not to paint! Even with stencils, I have the uncanny ability to leech paint in places it doesn't belong. Therefore, I often use Ink Jet Printable Fusible Fabric Cotton sheets to print and iron on designs. I then sew (or embroider over them) to add stability and effect.
Aside from a few crystals I still need to add to the sleeve cuffs, Rapunzel's bodice and undershirt are now finished!
I hand dyed the lace at the bottom and all the trim to match. I sewed around each eyelet for extra reinforcement. The corset ties are pink suede and I added pink swarovski crystals around the sleeves and cuffs. The sleeves look super skinny because I dyed a pair of little girl's white leotards pink, but they do stretch and fit my arms nicely.
Pcitured above is the undershirt. The blue line down the middle is water-soluble fabric marker.
Read the full bodice tutorial here.