Aside from a few crystals I still need to add to the sleeve cuffs, Rapunzel's bodice and undershirt are now finished!
I hand dyed the lace at the bottom and all the trim to match. I sewed around each eyelet for extra reinforcement. The corset ties are pink suede and I added pink swarovski crystals around the sleeves and cuffs. The sleeves look super skinny because I dyed a pair of little girl's white leotards pink, but they do stretch and fit my arms nicely.
Pcitured above is the undershirt. The blue line down the middle is water-soluble fabric marker.
Read the full bodice tutorial here.
After over 70 hours of HAND EMBROIDERING, I'm FINALLY done with Rapunzel's skirt. Moving onto the bodice now and, lastly, the wig. And yes, this will be a pink-version Rapunzel. I actually prefer it over purple.
It's 6 panels, each divided in half (12 seams), so it's very full.
I used poly satin in the color Radiant Orchid (found at Hobby Lobby) #669069 for all but the center pane. For the center pane, I ordered 1 yd of pre-designed fabric from Spoonflower (by Aimee Major). www.spoonflower.com/fabric/453…
The fabric looks purple on their website, but it's really pink. Aimee Major also has a more purple version design: www.spoonflower.com/fabric/238…
I chose satin fabric for the center panel (because it was cheaper) but it's very thin and so so shiny. Also, not very iron-resistant (I scorched the fabric the first time around and had to remake it) so be careful when ironing! If I were to do it again, I'd go with the more expensive silk crepe fabric for the center pane.
For the embroidering, I printed out images that I found online onto cotton printing paper and then ironed them on the skirt. This works wonderfully for people (like me) who can't draw well. I then embroidered over the designs for extra stability.